All dental practitioners must satisfy the following specific criteria to participate in the First Dental Health (FDH) networks.
- Dental Education and/or Board Certification
- Drug Enforcement Agency Registration
- Dental Board Sanction
- Current Malpractice Insurance with limits of no less than $200,000 per occurrence and $600,000 annual aggregate
- Active State Licensure
- All licenses are sent to the California Dental Board for verification.
- Any license returned from the Board of Dental Examiners with a violation is investigated through a representative at the BDE and then evaluated by the FDH Credentialing Committee.
- Documentation is required for the following: suspensions or limitations of a dental or DEA license, malpractice suits settled, paid or pending, felony convictions, disciplinary action taken and any advertising of special fee arrangements
- The FDH Credentialing Committee must evaluate any report of the above actions. The Committee consists of practicing dentists and meets on a monthly basis.